Tuesday, August 16, 2011

We have some NEWS!

HAAAAAAAA!  I know what you were thinking when you read that title.  That’s a big, fat, emphatic NOSmile 

Our news is really not news at all, and it’s really not exciting.  So why am I even bothering?  Because we need some accountability! 

We’re dieting.  We’re not the dieting type of people because we both eat portions that are way too big, I make sweets, and pizza is my favorite food…in large portions.  We started last Thursday.  We’re using www.myfitnesspal.com to track our calories each day.  They have an awesome app on Android (and maybe iPhone too?) phones.  You can just scan the barcode of what you’re eating if it has one.  If it’s a homemade recipe, you can type your recipe into a little box, tell it how many servings it makes, and voila!  It tells you exactly how many calories you’re consuming.  I’m really tempted to put my weight on my blog for the entire world to see so that I can be held even more accountable, but I think I’ll have to muster up some more courage before I manage that.

Along with counting calories, we’re working out.  I’m doing the 30 Day Shred with Jillian Michaels. She is a beast.  I hate her voice by the time the DVD is over – and strangely enough, I look forward to doing it again the next night.  I told Judd that if I don’t look somewhat different by the end of 30 days, I am hunting her down.  It will not be pleasant. 

I’m looking for some low calorie meals that we can make at home.  Let me just go ahead and tell you that if it has tons of onions or peppers, I probably won’t ever make it – much to Judd’s dismay.  I despise onions.  I usually substitute with a mound of onion powder. 

We like chicken, an occasional pork chop or pork loin, and lots and lots of beef.  Beef is a problem around here. 

Anyone have a recipe they’d like to link to or share?  Smile

7 comments:

  1. The first line of this post made me laugh out loud. :) Good luck on the diet!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://jobandbrittany.blogspot.com/2011/01/porcupine-balls.
    htmlhttp://jobandbrittany.blogspot.com/2009/08/taco-soup.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. www.skinny taste.com
    I cook things off this site all the time and it's always good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. no recipes here--i just try to eat small portions of what i enjoy:) (read: not easy!) but i do a good pilates workout on netflix instant watch--if you have that--that i can recommend. i do the abs portion and thigh/butt portion and they are 10 minutes each--great for moms!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the recipes and sites!

    Thanks, Anna!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Cooking Light's Raspberry Balsamic Chicken! It does have red onion in it, but I've omitted it before and it's no biggie. You can also do strawberry or apricot instead of peach!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you! The 30 day shred is awesome. I toned up quite a bit from it!

    ReplyDelete