Saturday, April 25, 2009
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Time is just FLYING by it seems. I can't wait to have our 3d ultrasound so I can see her little face and her movements. Speaking of movements, I feel little ones every day now. I wish she would get some more muscle and give me a good thwack in the tummy...just once...then she can stop. Ha!
So here's what's going on with Caroline on week 19:
- Caroline is about 6 inches long. That's a 6 inch sub from Subway! Awesome! (That sounds delicious...)
- She weighs about 8 1/2 ounces. She'll weigh 15 times this amount when she's born! Crazy to think how much growing she'll do between now and then.
- Her kidneys are full functioning.
- She's now starting to build up her "brown fat" which will keep her nice and warm. (As if the Mississippi heat weren't enough to handle that..pfft.)
- Her body is now coated in a milky substance called "vernix" which protects her skin from getting all pruny and wrinkled looking. Imagine staying the bathtub for 5 months...
- Under the vernix is a layer of peach fuzz hair called "lanugo" which will mostly fall off by birth. We don't want her looking like Cousin It. The rest will linger around and fall off in the weeks after birth.
Technically, all of her parts are assembled and she just needs to grow into them. I'm not going to promise a picture. I'm going to be honest - we don't have anywhere convenient for me to talk the picture myself, and Judd and I won't get home from church/dinner until about 9pm. It's questionable whether or not we'll remember the picture...but I'll do my best.
Not the picture you were expecting, I know. But you can't tell me this isn't hilarious. If you know us, it's SO true to life. So there's your picture!
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
1. I think I'm becoming a worrisome person. I worry a lot more than I used to.
2. If I can't have ice cold 2% milk with my waffles/pancakes - I really don't want them.
3. I have more trouble with cellphones than the average person.
4. I feel so blessed with my life.
5. My love for mexican food is getting stronger every day!
6. Even though I know my life will change drastically in September, I'm ready for it to get here.
7. I still mess up the spelling to the word "embarrassed."
8. I never know when to use "lie" or "lay" or "drank" or "drunk." For someone who really loves English, I fell behind in that category.
9. I would stay in pajamas all day long, every day if people wouldn't think I was a lazy bum. They're just more comfortable.
10. I feel pretty when I curl my hair.
There's 10 things you may not have known about me. I'm an open book, so most people know me well...but maybe I surprised you with at least one of those things!
I tag...whoever wants to play!
We know we want one that can record on an SD card, preferably smaller in size. :)
(Even if I don't know you - you can still comment and tell me how you feel about your video camera!)
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
In AWESOME news...BABY TIME called and my awesome glider and ottoman are ready for pickup! This excites me more than you can realize! :) I think we're going to somehow force it into our living room for a while so I can use it now instead of waiting 4 1/2 more months!
Caroline is tapping my tummy as I write this entry. She's saying "hi!!" I think. I can't wait for her movements to be strong enough for Judd to feel. They are SO light.
Holy moly I had a braxton hicks contraction today! It scared the mess out of me there for a second. I had no idea what was going on. The rock-hard abs I'd always hoped for came to life! Ha! The entire area below my belly button tightened up and was literally ROCK hard. It went away and the flab came back...lol. Don't worry, I'm going to tell my doctor when I see him. I've heard/read that they're very normal for those who don't know. Now...I'm sure you're dying to know all about what baby is up to this week so I'll fill you in.
- Caroline's bones are beginning ossification this week! This means that her bones are hardening, basically.
- She's definitely moving around a lot. And YAY...I can feel it!
- She can hear every word her mommy says...ah oh!
- Her sense of smell, taste, and sight are all developing further. Yay!
- She weighs between 5-7 ounces.
- She's about 5 1/2 to 6 inches long!
I'm feeling MUCH better these days. I have very few problems with sciatica and have only had a couple of instances with round ligament pain (which I would venture to say hurts almost as badly as my sciatica...) in the last month. I'm feeling pretty great overall! I can definitely tell that my hormones are kicking into overdrive these days because little things are making me cry that wouldn't have before. I haven't cried at a sappy commercial - but I bawled uncontrollably on the episode of House where a character died. I mean - I cried hard. My dad said, "Honey, it's just a tv show!" and I thought..."I know this! I really and truly can't help it!" Haha!
I am SO excited that Caroline's nursery is painted, her furniture is ordered, registered at Babies R Us, bedding is here, and we've even been to the hospital to discuss paying for her birth. I feel like we're ahead of the game! I'm glad though, because I really didn't want to be huge and uncomfortable trying to do all of this stuff!
I'll try to get Judd to take a picture later and I'll add it! It's going to look a lot like the one from Easter Sunday though! :)
If you'd like to check out what we've registered for and have any tips on things I should add, let me know! Just click this link ----------> Registry
Tuesday, April 14, 2009
Monday, April 13, 2009
The room mid-clean out session. We had already removed the queen size bed and taken several tubs out. But you get the idea!
After painting the walls tan. :)
Taping off the walls after making our chalk line all the way around the room!!
Judd taping off the bottom for the bottom stripe!
Our miraculously taped off room. It seriously took us about 5 hours to get the kinks worked out and the room taped off.
The first paint swipes! Yay!
Judd pouring the paint!
Green and pink stripes painted! The pink had to have 3 coats, the green had to have 2 coats!
Had to re-tape after the paint dried so we could paint the yellow stripes!
Tape is coming off!
I was getting SUPER excited right about this point...
Our beautiful stripes. This took us about 18 hours total...I LOVE the stripes!
Look how straight they are! :)
I can't wait to get the crib so I can put the bedding in it. The wall colors all match the bedding EXACTLY except for the tan...which I added to tone down the other colors since they're so bright. It turned out better than I expected and it's definitely something we're all proud of! I have to thank Uncle Austin for helping for many, many hours on taping and painting. We owe you BIG TIME! I'm so glad to have the room painted like I want it. I'm not sure if you noticed in my Easter picture, but my tummy is REALLY starting to expand and I wanted her room finished before I got so uncomfortable that I didn't want to do it.
Sunday, April 12, 2009
Friday, April 10, 2009
It came with the bumper that I won't use until way later. We're using a breathable one for the first year.
The quilt with the paint colors. We're painting the walls the tan color, then painting some stripes in the pink, green, and yellow! Yay!!!
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
Today, as I was riding in the car, I sneezed. I tried to hold the sneeze in. Mistake. Apparently, along with my sneeze came some pee. Yes - I peed myself. This is a new level of embarrassment. If this happens in public a few more times, I'm going to be forced to wear diapers. Then Caroline and I will have something in common when she comes into this world. We'll both wear diapers.
Sunday, April 5, 2009
1. Caroline Elise Davis
2. Caroline Elyse Davis
Even if you're just a lurker or a random visitor...vote anyway! Just post under anonymous if you'd like!
Saturday, April 4, 2009
We had an ultrasound and are happy to announce our little girl to the blog world! Her name is going to be Caroline...but we're still stuck on her middle name! :) We're so excited! I was TOTALLY surprised!! I was so sure it was a boy but we got a REALLY good look and it's DEFINITELY a girl! :) Just thought I'd let you all know!
Thursday, April 2, 2009
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
Baby isn't up to much new stuff this week but I'll hit the high points!
- Baby can hear MY voice now! (Judd is jealous!)
- Baby can yawn! How sweet!
- Baby's heart pumps 25 quarts of blood per day!
- Eyes are in their final spot instead of the side of his/her face.
- S/he is 4.5 inches! Yay!
- Baby's tastebuds are forming! Hope s/he's not as picky as Mommy!
Now for my embarassing 16 week picture...I think I may have popped!
And for all of you CHEATERS (AHEM, Audra & Andrew!) out there who voted WAY more than once on my poll..it is now closed.
30 votes for GIRL
19 votes for BOY
Check back soon for my 16 week update! :)