Wednesday, April 15, 2009

18 Weeks and Registry!

18 weeks already! Sometimes I feel like time is just creeping by...other times I can't understand how so much time has slipped away. I think it's safe to say that a smidgen of 'nesting' has kicked in. I'm desperate for everything in my house to be in order. Last night, I forced Judd to help me clean out our laundry room/closet. We're still not finished. It's a big project. But I'll be excited to get it finished!

In AWESOME news...BABY TIME called and my awesome glider and ottoman are ready for pickup! This excites me more than you can realize! :) I think we're going to somehow force it into our living room for a while so I can use it now instead of waiting 4 1/2 more months!

Caroline is tapping my tummy as I write this entry. She's saying "hi!!" I think. I can't wait for her movements to be strong enough for Judd to feel. They are SO light.

Holy moly I had a braxton hicks contraction today! It scared the mess out of me there for a second. I had no idea what was going on. The rock-hard abs I'd always hoped for came to life! Ha! The entire area below my belly button tightened up and was literally ROCK hard. It went away and the flab came back...lol. Don't worry, I'm going to tell my doctor when I see him. I've heard/read that they're very normal for those who don't know. Now...I'm sure you're dying to know all about what baby is up to this week so I'll fill you in.

18 weeks
  • Caroline's bones are beginning ossification this week! This means that her bones are hardening, basically.
  • She's definitely moving around a lot. And YAY...I can feel it!
  • She can hear every word her mommy says...ah oh!
  • Her sense of smell, taste, and sight are all developing further. Yay!
  • She weighs between 5-7 ounces.
  • She's about 5 1/2 to 6 inches long!

I'm feeling MUCH better these days. I have very few problems with sciatica and have only had a couple of instances with round ligament pain (which I would venture to say hurts almost as badly as my sciatica...) in the last month. I'm feeling pretty great overall! I can definitely tell that my hormones are kicking into overdrive these days because little things are making me cry that wouldn't have before. I haven't cried at a sappy commercial - but I bawled uncontrollably on the episode of House where a character died. I mean - I cried hard. My dad said, "Honey, it's just a tv show!" and I thought..."I know this! I really and truly can't help it!" Haha!

I am SO excited that Caroline's nursery is painted, her furniture is ordered, registered at Babies R Us, bedding is here, and we've even been to the hospital to discuss paying for her birth. I feel like we're ahead of the game! I'm glad though, because I really didn't want to be huge and uncomfortable trying to do all of this stuff!

I'll try to get Judd to take a picture later and I'll add it! It's going to look a lot like the one from Easter Sunday though! :)

If you'd like to check out what we've registered for and have any tips on things I should add, let me know! Just click this link ----------> Registry


1 comment:

  1. I know you are getting so excited! I was going to tell you to get the Diaper Champ but I see you added it! I personally think it is the best. It uses regular size kitchen bags and you can not smell anything until you open to get the bag! I love mine!!

    ReplyDelete