Thursday, May 28, 2009
Wednesday, May 27, 2009
- Caroline's ears are fully functioning. Not just hearing, but her sense of balance! She can now tell when I roll over and stuff! (That was very scientific, wasn't it? And stuff?)
- Caroline will gain 1/2 a pound JUST THIS WEEK. This might explain why my appetite is so voracious.
- Caroline weighs about 1 1/3 pound.
- She is 12 inches long from head to foot. I think in honor of her footlong status, I should eat a footlong sub to celebrate! What do you think?
- Her lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" and her lungs begin making surfactant this week.
- Her home (my uterus) is the size of a soccer ball....and she's supposedly starting to get cramped in there. She doesn't seem cramped at all. The many jabs to my organs make me think she's got plenty of room to roll around!
Those are the high points of what's happening with her this week. My back is starting to feel better. To be honest, I think I may have pulled a muscle. I just automatically attributed the back pain to pregnancy - but the more I think about it, the more it feels like a muscle problem. Ah well, either way - it feels a little better! I'll have to take a belly picture later when Judd gets home. :) Until then, here's a picture from this past weekend of the hubs, me, and baby.
23 1/2 weeks
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Greedy, greedy, greedy. I can't hardly stand it anymore. They (including Jon!) disgust me. He shouldn't have been out partying instead of being home with his children. Drinking? Really? You have 8 kids at home! What on earth are you thinking?! You are a celebrity - like it or not. How did he really think Kate would not find out? This list could go on and on for both of them.
This is Jon & Kate in their "interview chair" at the end of last season. (When Jon wanted to quit and Kate didn't.)
Monday, May 25, 2009
I think all the weight out front is finally taking its toll on my back. Yes, all pregnant women complain about their backs - blah blah blah. TAKE PITY ON THEM. I never knew. I apologize to all women who have been pregnant because I honestly did not think your back hurt THIS badly. I owe you a HUGE apology.
I'm trying to decide if I have actually hurt my back somehow or if this is sciatica in a new form. When I was in my early 2nd trimester, I had sciatic pain that was sharp, shooting pain. It went as quickly as it came and definitely went away when I got off my feet. The pain I'm feeling right now is a dull, CONSTANT pain. It's not even an ache. It's a PAIN. I cried most of the day today because everything hurt. Sneezing, walking, turning over, everything! It all hurt. I was basically one big gigantic tear today. I think I'm out of tears. I am SO thankful that I did not have a job to go to today...I would not have made it! My back is still hurting now, but not NEARLY as bad as it was hurting earlier. I spent the day on a heating pad and taking Tylenol. :( I've been very hesitant about taking medications while pregnant and only took 1 Tylenol at a time. Today called for 2 extra strength. I probably would have taken a heavy narcotic if a doctor told me it was on a safe list.
ANYWAY, to anyone dealing with back pain (pregnant or not) I am SO sorry. My heart breaks for us.
I think it's safe to say that this is me right now. My hormones are sending me for a spin this month. Really, in the last week I've been able to tell a huge difference. I'm crying SO easily now. Little things are making me shed crocodile tears. Judd has been so sweet. Even when I'm crying, I know it's nothing that needs tears. But he keeps saying, "It's okay to cry. You can cry if you need to," which of course makes me bawl even harder because gosh darnit...that was sweet. I was really, really craving a Lenny's Deli cookie tonight. Judd offered to get me one on his way home from work and I got so excited because I had thought it about it all day. Ugh...closed for Memorial Day. I cried. Since I couldn't get out of bed, Judd was able to be very sneaky. My WONDERFUL husband told me he was cooking something for dinner, but a few minutes later came into the room with a giant cookie. He had stopped at the grocery store and gotten cookie dough and baked me a giant cookie. I cried. Ha! I enjoyed every delicious bite.
I am so blessed to have my sweet husband. I went to visit family this week and left on Thursday morning. I missed Judd so much while I was gone. I was so thrilled when he showed up on Saturday! It really made my weekend. I don't know why I missed him so much this time, but I really did. I was so happy to see him.
Well, I'm off to bed! Goodnight!
Wednesday, May 20, 2009
- Baby can hear all sounds from outside the womb now.
- She also has the ability (or misfortune) to be startled! I try to startle her so she'll kick. Ha! I'm a mean Mommy.
- She's practicing breathing with the amniotic fluid. :)
- Her skin is becoming less see-through due to capillaries forming which give her a pink color.
- Her head is still kinda big compared to her body, but it's starting to look a little more proportionate now.
- She's about 11.5 inches now and according to the books, she should weigh about 1lb. We're 2oz ahead of the game! Ha!
- She has blood vessels developing in her lungs. (Any kind of improvement in her lungs is EXCELLENT news as it increases her chances for survival if she were to be born early.)
- Her pancreas begins functioning this week!
That's about the most interesting stuff going on this week. I thought I'd share some things going on with ME this week...Ahem.
- I am feeling extremely crabby lately.
- My hormones feel more out of control now than they have so far.
- When I get really mad, my face turns red and gets super hot....STAND BACK!
- By the way, I go from being fine to raging mad in about 1.3 seconds.
- I'm back to feeling super tired.
- I must be REALLY out of shape because simply walking to the fridge makes me out of breath.
- I wake up everytime I roll over at night for 1 of 2 reasons. A.) My grunting wakes me up. B.) I have to move my 2nd pillow back under my stomach.
- I feel like I'm carrying a small microwave in my stomach. It's seriously HEAVY.
- My tears come easily nowadays.
- All of this STILL seems totally worth it. :) I love her so much.
The table we're painting pink for her nursery!
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
As I sit here writing this, I can feel your little hands and feet punching and kicking away at my belly. I love that feeling. It's so strange to think how close you really are to me...but how far away you are at the same time. You're getting so much stronger these days. Sometimes, I can feel you on both sides of my belly at the same time - as if you're stretching out for a nice nap. You're 1lb, 2oz - and getting bigger every day! I can tell you're going to hit a growth spurt because of my insatiable appetite the last few days. I crave chocolate chip cookies with a cold drink. You must have a sweet tooth!
I can't tell you how much I love you already. Daddy and I talk about you all the time. We daydream about the day we'll meet you. Daddy thinks it will be in the afternoon, but I think it will be early morning. We'll see who is right! Today I went into your unfinished nursery and just stared at the brightly colored walls. I hope you enjoy your room. Your Uncle Austin even came over to help paint it! You couldn't be coming into a more loving family, little girl. You have great grandparents, great aunts and uncles, grandparents, aunts and uncles, cousins, and of course Mommy and Daddy who are anxiously awaiting your arrival. From the moment I found out you were coming into the world, I wondered about you. Who will you look like? Daddy? Me? A good mixture of us? Who knows, you may not look like either of us! What will you grow up to become? Maybe a doctor. Maybe you'll save lives with medicine. Maybe you'll grow up to be a mom. I hope so. I hope you get to experience this feeling one day. I think to myself constantly how amazed I am that I can love someone so much who I've never even met. Then I think about the day you'll be born and try to imagine how much more I'll love you then...but no imagination can tell. It will be infinite and unconditional. I feel like it already is, but I know most mothers tell me that nothing will compare to the love I'll have for you after you get here. I hope I'm as great of a mother to you as my mother is to me. You'll be one lucky little girl if I can live up to your Granna's standards!
Daddy has been so wonderful to us the past six months. He likes to fall asleep with his hand on my belly just in case you decide to kick. His eyes light up everytime he feels you move. He loves you so much already. He is going to be such a good daddy to you. Speaking from experience, a good Daddy is one of God's most precious gifts. I'm so glad you'll get to experience that, too.
You'll be here in just 16 short weeks. In a way that seems like ages away. To think that it's all the way in September makes it seem so long. Since May is halfway over, I've only got June, July, & August left. I can't believe time has flown so quickly...but I'm glad it has. As much as I want to see your face right this instant, I want you to stay in there and keep growing for as long as you possibly can!
We love you, little girl. I think about you every minute of every day.
Monday, May 18, 2009
This is a picture of me and the belly at 22 1/2 weeks (last Friday). Please excuse my unruly hair. Pregnancy has not been kind to it, sadly.
Saturday, May 16, 2009
Friday, May 15, 2009
The phone rang about 20 minutes later. "Unfortunately, I don't have good news for you." Oh good gracious. Turns out, the crib was never completely ordered. My end went through, but theirs didn't. He ordered my chair, ottoman, and changing table..but the crib order never went all the way through. He said it was a good thing I called, because he realized a few other orders had done the same thing. He offered to loan me a crib while I waited 5 more weeks for mine to arrive but I told him that I had ordered my crib early in just case of a situation like this! I'll be 27 weeks or so when it comes in! Had I ordered my crib around 20 weeks - I would've been 35 weeks waiting on my crib to get here! Thank goodness!
He also offered me a $50 refund for my troubles or said if I'd rather use it to buy something in the store that was fine! I'm thinking I might put it towards a rug to go in her room! Anyway - no crib for about 5 more weeks. Sadness. I was excited to put her room together. Oh well, the bright side is that I won't be without a crib when I need one! :)
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
I go for my big anatomy scan u/s on Monday (5/18) and I'm so excited to see her again! I haven't seen her since my 16 week u/s when we found out she was a girl! Please pray that everything goes well and that it's a very uneventful u/s!
She is definitely moving a LOT now. I love it. Everyone keeps telling me that I'll grow to hate those kicks because they'll be in my ribs, etc...but for right now - I love them. Every once in a while she does a little dancing jig on my bladder which makes for a difficult time, but even then, I love those movements. They remind me that my little girl is safe and sound. I can't wait to see her and smell that new baby smell. I wonder if she'll be bald like me? I wonder if she'll have Judd's mouth or mine? In just 126 days, I'll find out. (Assuming she doesn't come late!! Please, oh please don't come late!)
- Caroline now weighs 1 pound! Ah!! We're out of the ounces stage! Yay!
- She's 11 inches from head to foot. That's just 1 inch shorter than a standard ruler. She's getting big!
- Has defined facial features. In a 3D/4D ultrasound, she would look very similar to how she'll look at birth - minus all the chubby cheeks and thighs.
- Is putting on a lot more white and brown fat!
- She begins making antibodies this week.
- She is sucking her thumb a lot now (supposedly!)
- Her senses are developing more now. She can now feel things with her fingertips. She'll start touching her face, the umbilical cord, and anything around her to feel the new sensation!
- Her iris is formed (although her eyelids are still fused shut for 5 more weeks) but they have no color.
- Her tastebuds have developed and she can taste my food through the amniotic fluid! How cool!
All in all, she's just getting bigger and stronger. Her organs are all beginning to do what they're supposed to do and she's growing strong!
Now - let me surprise you with my belly picture. Like I said before - my bloat is gone! You'll be surprised what a difference it has made. My belly has also changed shapes. It looks kinda like an egg shape. My uterus is now 2cm past my bellybutton. I hear people talk about "popping" overnight and I always thought that was crazy! But sure enough...one night I went to bed with a complete inny bellybutton. The next morning...half of my bellybutton was flat! The bottom half of my bellybutton is non-existent. Judd thought this was hilarious. So without further ado...
I told you it was smaller. But GOODNESS GRACIOUS is it tight! Judd poked the lower half of my belly and said, "Wow...it's so hard!" Ha! You definitely have to excuse the junk in the back. I've been cleaning a lot and we bought some of those bags that you suck the air out to make more space and they're stacked up ready to be stored! Also, please excuse the fact that I don't match. But truly, I don't care. Ha!