Monday, May 11, 2009

Weekend Recap

Wedding

Wow! It's safe to say that this was the busiest weekend EVER! Leah's wedding was beautiful! Friday morning Judd and I got up and finished our packing, showered, grabbed the dogs and took off out the door! We then took the dogs to the vet where they both got shots and were boarded. It was 9:30am when we got out. We then filled up with gas and headed out for Birmingham, AL. We only made 2 stops on the entire 5-hour trip so I was really proud of myself (although I've never been so happy to finally get out of a car in my life!) We got checked into our hotel which I didn't take a single picture of...whoops. It was so nice! We stayed at The Tutwiler in downtown Birmingham. It was beautiful...and by far the most comfy hotel bed I've ever slept in. As soon as we got there we got settled in our room and began getting ready for the rehearsal dinner. We had DELICIOUS steaks and heard some great speeches about Ian & Leah. My mouth was seriously hurting from smiling so much! We got back to the hotel around 12am and as you can probably guess...we crashed. I was SO tired. Exhausted would probably be a better word!

The bridesmaids luncheon was the next morning at a botanical garden place in Birmingham and it was beautiful! The food was delish and dessert was even better! Then we started getting ready for the wedding. We spent the next few hours doing hair and makeup and getting dressed and helping Leah get dressed. It was so fun! Then came the wedding itself - which due to rain had to be moved indoors - but was beautiful regardless! The wedding/reception was held at Vulcan Park in Birmingham...perfect location! After the beautiful wedding came the AWESOME reception with the best band ever, slideshow, FOOD, desserts, and dancing! It was so fun! Leah was absolutely stunning. Such a beautiful bride! Ian was also very handsome in his suit!
Leah and Ian, your wedding was beautiful and I thank you so much for letting me be a part of it! We had a great weekend! I love you, both!



The next morning was a brunch that Judd and I didn't make it to because we were trying to do our best and get home before church started for night service. It poured down rain the entire way home! Luckily, Judd is an amazing driver (when it's daylight) so we got home safely with 2 hours before church! The trip home seemed so much shorter...but maybe that's because I slept for about 2 hours of it! ;)

All in all, we had a fabulous weekend! I am T-Totally exhausted though. Would you believe that I made it all weekend without ONE picture of me and Judd on my camera? Leah's photographer took some for me of us, but somehow, I never asked anyone to take one on my camera! I'm sad because we looked good! :) I'll put up her photog's picture when I see it!


Mother's Day

First of all, let me say that I have such a wonderful Mother. Mom, I'm sorry that I couldn't be there this weekend but you know how much I love you!! I couldn't ask for a better Mom and I hope you know that. You've always been there for me and I know that we'll have many more wonderful years together!


I had so many people at church last night tell me Happy Mother's Day. It felt so special. I know I haven't changed a diaper, calmed her crying, or been sleep deprived for her sake - but I have thrown up numerous times, exhausted my body, peed more times than I can count in an hour, and worried about her every single second for the last 21 weeks. That counts for something, right? (Let's not even mention that I've GROWN her!) Judd was so sweet. When we woke up on Sunday, I was still groggy because I was so tired. Judd said, "You can sleep for a few more minutes if you want to." GLADLY! So I dozed back off to sleep. A few minutes later I woke up and Judd was not in our room. I sent him a text message and asked where he was - got nothing in return! So of course I called him. Guess what my sweet husband was doing? He was walking down the streets of Birmingham trying to get my flowers from a flower shop. He had seen it the day before (but his hands were full of MY food) and the door said something about flowers "Everyday" so Judd naturally assumed that their slogan meant that they were open 7 days a week. So he went back the next morning to get me flowers. I beamed from ear to ear. Even though they were closed, it was truly the thought that counted. He tried. He remembered. It was as if I had the flowers in my hand! I was so happy! Oh how far we've come since the day I met him! (I actually got a stapler for our first Valentine's Day together...yeah.)


Baby Time


Last night after church, I stretched out on the bed and assumed the position with my hands on my belly. I felt her moving a lot so I called Judd (since he has only felt a tap here and there) and made him put his hand on my belly. After about 10 seconds of no movement, he got impatient. I told him, "You just have to be patient. Please. I want you to feel this!" So he obliged and sat next to me with his hand on my belly. We talked for a few minutes, then all of a sudden, she started doing gymnastics or kung fu fighting in there! Judd's eyes got wide and he said, "Is that her?!" I smiled! He looked like a kid at Christmas. She continually kicked and moved. I was SO excited that Judd got to feel all of it. At one point, Judd said, "She's kicking the mess out of you!" I KNOW! Ha!

I've F-I-N-A-L-L-Y lost my bloat. This made my belly considerably smaller, but I can actually tell what's baby now! I try to suck in my belly as far as I can and whatever doesn't suck in is my uterus and not just bloat! I feel like I've ruined all of my belly pictures with my horrible bloat but oh well. You'll see it on Wednesday!


This has possibly been the longest post, EVER so I'm going to end it. I hope you all had a wonderful weekend and a very happy Mother's Day!



No comments:

Post a Comment