Wednesday, May 27, 2009

V-Day & 24 Weeks!

Well, here we are. Twenty-four weeks down...sixteen to go. The great thing about today, is that 24 weeks marks V-Day for my sweet baby. What is V-Day? Viability Day! With medical advances, if Caroline were born today, she'd have a good chance of survival. That eases my morbid mind! Happy V-Day to my Caroline!

This has not been the best week...to put it mildly. I won't bore you with the details, but let's just say this week cannot end soon enough. I'm glad it's Wednesday!




24 Weeks
  • Caroline's ears are fully functioning. Not just hearing, but her sense of balance! She can now tell when I roll over and stuff! (That was very scientific, wasn't it? And stuff?)

  • Caroline will gain 1/2 a pound JUST THIS WEEK. This might explain why my appetite is so voracious.
  • Caroline weighs about 1 1/3 pound.

  • She is 12 inches long from head to foot. I think in honor of her footlong status, I should eat a footlong sub to celebrate! What do you think?

  • Her lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" and her lungs begin making surfactant this week.

  • Her home (my uterus) is the size of a soccer ball....and she's supposedly starting to get cramped in there. She doesn't seem cramped at all. The many jabs to my organs make me think she's got plenty of room to roll around!

Those are the high points of what's happening with her this week. My back is starting to feel better. To be honest, I think I may have pulled a muscle. I just automatically attributed the back pain to pregnancy - but the more I think about it, the more it feels like a muscle problem. Ah well, either way - it feels a little better! I'll have to take a belly picture later when Judd gets home. :) Until then, here's a picture from this past weekend of the hubs, me, and baby.


23 1/2 weeks




2 comments: