Friday, May 1, 2009

HALFWAY THERE! HALFWAY THERE!







20 weeks

  • Caroline is as long as a banana or as big as a butternut squash. (Produce may vary depending on which book you use..ha!)
  • From now on, Caroline will be measured from head to toe instead of head to butt (crown to rump) so don't choke next week when it looks like she grew 5 inches in a week! :)
  • She is swallowing and practicing her digesting skills now!
  • Now produces meconium (her first poop! Yay!) which we'll see in her first diaper.
  • She weighs about 10 1/2 ounces. Yay!! We're getting close to a pound!
  • My uterus is level with my bellybutton!
  • I can feel her move a lot now! I feel really big movements!

I'm feeling pretty great for the most part. I find myself needing a nap everyday now, though. I get sleepy out of nowhere! Other than that, I feel fairly (gasp) normal. My belly seems to have hit a plateau for a while. I don't think it's gotten any bigger in the last 4 weeks or so. I still look like my week 16 picture...maybe even smaller! So apparently the bloat is finally going away. I've been getting more and more excited about meeting her and bringing her home. I dreamt about that day last night and it's always so sad to wake up and realize it's not true yet. I know those first couple of months are going to be really hard - but I'm so ready to meet her that I don't care! Ha!

I love feeling her move, but Judd hasn't been able to feel much yet. He felt a little tap last night but if he would just be a little more patient (and not fall asleep) he could feel big movements. She gets really active around 11pm every night now. It feels like she's turning a flip and she's brushing up against me. My eyes get big everytime! It's the strangest feeling I've ever felt. Someone is touching me from the inside! I know how hard it is to imagine - but imagine how strange that would feel!

1 comment: