- I’ve been busy with Squiggle Stitch – really busy actually.
- I’ve also been cooking 168,546,516 new recipes from Pinterest – thank heavens for Pinterest because our weekly routined meals were getting pathetic.
- I’ve also been stalking Pinterest for the day that we win the lottery (even though we don’t even buy lottery tickets…we’ll just be that lucky.) and we build a house. I have 100’s of organizational ideas that will probably never come to fruition because I’ll forget about them when it’s actually time to put them in place. Not to mention it would probably stay organized for about 0.12 seconds before it went back to mass disarray.
- We have an incredibly destructive dog who chews everything in sight. When I say everything, let me explain…she has so far chewed: Judd’s truck’s headlight wires, Judd’s truck’s back wires (I have no idea what they go to, let’s be honest.), My brand spankin’ new car’s back wires, my brand spankin’ new car’s power running board wires, random pipes from the yard beside us, OUR HOUSE (she is literally chewing the side of our house..), Caroline & Amelia’s playset, attempting to chew my wrought iron patio furniture (to no avail, thankfully.), our friend’s vehicles (luckily no damage done), the spray bottle full of bug spray, the spray paint can, the trashcan lid, and any and every thing that you leave outside accidently. Anyone need a new family pet? Y’all. She is incredibly destructive.
- Don’t let her face fool you.
Judd is about to have an entire month off work. I’m so excited that I can hardly stand it. He’s been getting off work at 5ish and that is just heavenly. I’m so thankful for him!
Black Friday is around the corner, and I’m royally hacked off. People, Black Friday cannot start at midnight. But it does. It’s ridiculous. Midnight?! When do you SLEEP?! That makes for a miserable day, I would think. It was all I could do a few years ago to make it to the Kohl’s parking lot by 3:30am. But 12am? That’s just too early. Boo.
It’s hard to get in the Christmas spirit when the temperature is 84 degrees outside.
Regardless, we’re putting up Christmas decorations tonight. Don’t judge me. I put my Fall stuff out early so they all get their fair share of time.
I’ve lost some weight and I’m really, really proud. I was actually able to pull my dress pants off without unbuttoning them the other day. I also saw a number on the scale that I haven’t seen since before Judd and I got married. Whoop whoop! (I’ve decided though, no matter how much weight you lose after babies, you just still don’t the same.)
I think it finally “clicked” (pun intended) with me on how to use my camera in manual mode. I’m really excited about it and I’m REALLY wanting the Nikkor 50mm f/1.8 G AF-S Lens. It has fantastic bokeh. I actually already have a 50mm lens that I got a long time ago, but stupid me didn’t know what I was ordering and didn’t an autofocus lens. It’s manual focus only. Let’s just say that shooting small toddlers on a swingset is difficult in manual focus.
See how the background is blurry and she’s in focus? See how the lighting is bright and not darkish? I’m proud.
I’m also DESPERATELY, REALLY BADLY wanting my backyard somewhat fenced in. Two reasons. To fence in the children so they can play without me next summer, and to fence in that destructive dog we have. Donations can be made by mailing us a blank check.
My BABY will be a YEAR OLD next month. I may cry. How on EARTH was that a year ago?! Since I never posted her birth story, I’m going to post it the day before her 1 year post for fun. It was a whirlwind and somewhat crazy!
Well, that’s more tidbits (and most of it was more like a novel than a tidbit, sorry) than I planned for. Seems I had more on my mind than I thought. Have a great week!