Friday, September 18, 2009

So - I got the FLU!

Yeah, this hasn't been my best week ever. By any means. Wednesday morning I woke up with an awful headache. I attributed it to the fact that I hadn't gotten much sleep the night before. I took two Tylenol and went on with the day. As the day went on, the headache got worse instead of better...and I was suddenly freezing cold! I decided to take my temperature (this was about 3 hrs after taking the Tylenol) and it was 100.4. Ugh. I was getting sick. I took Caroline's temperature and it was normal - THANK GOODNESS! By the end of the day, I was absolutely miserable and could barely function to take care of Caroline and myself so I had to call Judd. He came home from work about 45min early and took Caroline and forced me to go to bed.

Before it was all over with, my fever had gotten up to 102.7!! Misery barely describes it! I'm doing much better and Caroline still seems to be sickness-free. This makes me so glad that I decided to stick with breastfeeding. In the beginning, I wanted to quit because I was in so much pain...but I'm so glad I stuck it out. I have no doubt that she would be sick had I not continued. I wouldn't wish this on ANYONE..and certainly not a newborn!
Anyway, we're all feeling better and trying to Lysol the entire house to keep it from spreading any further! I'll leave you with a picture of my sweet, milk-mouth, wide-eyed little girl. :)


2 comments:

  1. Oh no! I'm glad you're better and that Caroline didn't get sick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new baby! So sorry you got the flu...and so glad the baby hasn't gotten it. I went to leave a comment on Brandy's website and you already had way over the amount needed. That was smart to put a note on your blog about commenting. I was so happy with my pictues as well...she is so talented!!
    Glad things are going well. Caroline is a cutie!!

    ReplyDelete