Saturday, August 11, 2012

38 Weeks–and a birth!

This post was written the night my water broke!  I wrote this post out and all it needed was a picture for the bottom.  My water broke just 2 short hours after this post was written, but I can’t bring myself not to post it.  Smile  A birth story will be soon to follow! 

My longest pregnancy, ever!  Honestly, we’re all sitting here thinking that I might actually hit my due date.  HA!

How far along: 38 weeks!

How big is baby: The average is 7lbs! 

Weight gain/loss: +30lbs according to my doctor’s scale today. 

Stretch marks: Just the ones on my bellybutton + my old ones showing back up.

Maternity clothes:  Can’t wait to not have maternity clothes on!  Judd and I are starting a diet after Walker gets here.  I’m pretty excited about it!

Sleep: It actually hasn’t been terrible the last few days.  I’m peeing 3-4x a night but I can usually fall back asleep pretty quickly! 

Food cravings or aversions:  Ice.  I eat several cups of ice a day.  I’m probably going to break my teeth!  I’ve been craving sweets again lately.  I’ve kinda stopped caring what I’m eating or how much I’m eating.  It’s almost like I’ve reached this point where my brain says, “you’re gonna have to work that weight off anyway – go ahead and eat that 6th cookie…”

Gender: BOY! 

Movement:  Lots of hiccups and kicks.  Not a lot of punches anymore.  He feels REALLY, REALLY low.  As in, “Is he gonna fall out?” type low.  That’s just my personal feeling toward it – I haven’t actually asked how low he is.  Ha!

Belly button: What’s that? 

What I'm loving:  As tired as I am of being pregnant, it’s still cool that I’ve reached 38 weeks!  I’ve never made it to that number before and I feel a small bit of pride.  Ha! 

What I miss: My clothes.  I’ve been looking at my clothes from this time last year when I was starting to lose weight.  I miss my clothes.   

What's different this time:  The fact that I’m still pregnant!  Ha! 

What I’m looking forward to:  Besides just meeting my sweet baby, I am honestly looking forward to not having pelvic pain.  It has gotten horrendous in the last few days.  I remember with both girls that it went away pretty quickly after they were born.  Like, a few days and it was gone.  I’m honestly excited about that!  I am really, really, really excited to see my baby though.  I can’t wait to see his features – see who he looks like.  That sweet new baby smell and feel.  Feeding him and snuggling him.  I dread the sleep (or lack thereof) part, but we will make it through it.  I just can’t wait to see him!

No comments:

Post a Comment