Thursday, March 4, 2010

House Updates!

I know I'm a bad blogger. You don't have to tell me. I also know I haven't done Caroline's 6 month post. You don't have to tell me that either. It's coming soon - promise!

In the meantime, we have some more house pictures. I can't believe how quickly this is all happening. The contractor is sticking with his original 6-8 week mark. The electrician and plumber are there today, and concrete is being poured for the addition tomorrow. I couldn't believe my ears when they said it should be framed up and ready to be bricked on the outside by Tuesday! Every time I go into the house I get excited all over again!

The sunroom is ready to be drywalled and have the new door installed. The living room is now empty of shelves and brick walls and is ready for drywall. The kitchen is ready for the bar to be added, cabinets to be painted, and drywall to go up. The bedrooms are just waiting to be painted! The hallway has been created and is framed up and ready to be drywalled. Our master closet is HUGE. And I'm pumped. The bathrooms...well...I don't have much to say about those yet. They're still down to the studs. Ha!

It's weird to think I'll be moving in 5-7 weeks. Um, that's not long. At all. Five weeks...that's like, barely over a month! I've packed 2 boxes. They're both in front of my front door, for lack of a better place to put them. So that's my problem with packing early. I think I'll just have to do it all in a week's time. My WONDERFUL mother is taking a few days off of work and coming to help take care of Caroline and pack. God bless her! By then Caroline will probably be crawling all over the house! (Which, have I mentioned how insane it is that my little baby is attempting to CRAWL?)




This is the stain we're putting on the cabinets. This cabinet is being removed for a dishwasher so we tested it here. Ha!


Where the cabinets stop is where the bar will begin. :)


The living room!


Yeah, turn your head to the right. I forgot to rotate it. This is the hallway that was created to lead to our master bedroom. The other half (that you see through the 2x4's) is our master closet. We're putting up the shelves from the living room in there to keep things organized!

Well, I'm going back out there today to speak with the electrician. Ordered all of our light fixtures earlier this week! Most of them will be here tomorrow morning - the rest will take an extra week. :)

Have a wonderful week, everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment