Sunday, March 21, 2010

Too MANY of a Good Thing???

Does anyone else out there have a problem buying too many/too much of something decor related? For example - do you have entirely too many throw pillows for your couch? Do you have more candlesticks than you could use in the next 10 years while still changing them out with the season?

My problem is bedding. It's a sickness, I tell you. I love bedding. It can change the entire feeling of a room. I don't just like to change my bedding with the seasons either. In a perfect world, I'd change my bedding once or twice a month! My weakness is when Pottery Barn sends me their magazine. I always flip through it and find my new favorite. Then I yearn for it. Eventually, if it sticks around long enough, I'll ask for it for Christmas or my birthday. If you'll remember, I got the Pottery Barn Simone Duvet for Christmas from Judd. I love it. It's beautiful. It's colorful. And I'm already looking for my next fix.

A good way to make this less of a problem would be to find bedding from somewhere cheaper. I always look at Marshall's when I'm in Southaven - but only once have I found exactly what I was looking for.

So...what do you buy too many of? Throw pillows? Picture Frames?

How do you control your urges?

I control mine by thinking of the different ways Judd would kill me if he came home and saw another comforter on the bed! ;)

2 comments:

  1. Pottery Barn catalogs do the same thing to me! I'm obsessed with the Matine bedding in yellow...I just can't justify spending that kind of money on it. I saw a great article in BH&G once where you can put a solid white quilt on a bed, and just change out pillow shams and a throw blanket at the foot of the bed to mix up colors, and so you can get "new" bedding without spending as much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If my bank account allowed it, curtains would be my obsession. I think I'd wanna change them all the time. But as previously stated, my checking account keeps me from this bad habit. ;)

    ReplyDelete