Wednesday, August 13, 2008

OUCH!

I got my shot today. The nurse who delivered the joyous dosage was wonderful! She popped that needle in and out so quickly I didn't even have time to flinch! Just as I turned my head to see if she had stuck me yet, she was putting the bandaid on. Now, for the present time....OUCH!! My arm is a little swollen and painful to the touch. I hate tetanus shots. I had to have one 3 or 4 years ago (I can't remember!) for my mission trip to Panama. Nursing School does not care. They want me to have the DTAP shot...the 'T' standing for "Tetanus" which means I have a double dose. Last time I had the shot, my arm was sore for DAYS. I remember because we went fishing the day after I got it and it hurt to reel in my fish (that I think weighed less than 1 lb.) and someone had to help me! I purposely asked her to put it in my left arm just in case...and sure enough...I was right!

In other news, Michael Phelps has caught my attention. Why you ask? Well, I'll tell you! Have you seen this underwater "movements" that he does? It is impossible not to watch! It is incredible. Yes, yes...he has an overbite with a slight lisp. WHO CARES?! It actually makes him kind of cute. Yes, yes...he has kinda big ears. Again, who cares?! Look at him! Whew! Everytime he comes on TV, Judd says, "Your man is TV!" and I come running! Don't act like you aren't thinking the same thing, ladies. ;)


Along with nursing school starting...Judd and I have other exciting things going on in our lives that we'd like to ask you to pray about for us! While I can't go into detail, just know that we'd like you to be praying for us as decisions are being made! (And NO -- I'm not pregnant, and unless God has other plans for me, I will not be planning a pregnancy for a long time.) I know that God knows what's best for us...I just have to learn to let him handle the decisions and not try to make them myself!


I hope you all have a very blessed day tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment