Wednesday, June 24, 2009

28 Weeks!

This last week seemed like it was NEVER going to end! I think it's because I'm looking forward to my 3D/4D ultrasound on Friday. It made every day pass by slower than the last. Finally, we're another week down! I absolutely cannot WAIT for Friday! Besides the fact that I get to have the coolest ultrasound ever, I get to see my family for the first time in several weeks! I'm so excited to see everyone.

I'm feeling rather huge these days, (and YES, I KNOW it is going to get worse...you don't have to tell me...seriously...don't say it!) but it's all for a good cause! She's the most active that she's ever been and her movements are so strong! She's rolling around in there right now, actually! Just today, I started feeling movements in different places and I can't help but wonder if maybe she's suddenly turned head down. I hope so. It'd be great news to hear! We'll see on Friday I guess.

28 Weeks
  • She is mostly baking in there trying to up her weight. She still has several pounds to put on before birth and only 9-12 weeks to do it in! She weighs ALMOST 3lbs now...which is really exciting!
  • Her eyes have color now, although it's possible that the color will change after birth sometime.
  • She is 15 inches long from head to foot! Ah!
  • Her eyes are officially opening and closing as she practices blinking! I bet she's so smart she could wink at you. :)
  • She now has eyelashes! How sweet!

I'm definitely feeling H-O-T. The humidity is as bad as the actual heat! I fan myself in church while others are huddled under their jackets. Sadly, I know it's just me. I can't believe she'll be here so soon. There's so much that needs to be done before we get any closer! I think I'll make a list this week so I don't get sidetracked...like I just got sidetracked in the middle of my blog post...sorry.

Judd got a card for Father's Day and had several people at church tell him Happy Father's Day! It made him feel special.

Well, with Mr. Larry in Jackson we've been quite busy! I've been picking up and delivering lunches every day and running errands here and there for Judd. It's making getting a nap in difficult! Ha! I do think the fatigue is coming back...actually it's worse now than it was in 1st tri. It hits me hard, regardless of how much sleep I had the night before. I guess it's partly due to the fact that I wake up so often in the middle of the night - and sometimes it takes a while to fall back asleep. Let's not even mention the crazy dreams I'm having. I have nightmares at least twice a week. Sometimes, it's a nightmare that makes no sense at all - but it's just scary - almost like a Tim Burton film. Ha ha!

As an update on Mr. Larry - he's doing well. He had surgery today at 3pm and is already attempting to walk around. We're hoping he'll be home tomorrow - but he's in for a 4-6 week recovery and it's going to be hard to keep him down for so long during this time of year! Thank you for your prayers! Continue to pray for a speedy recovery! (And if you don't mind, pray for a little rain on the farm land...it's hot and dry and some rain would REAAAAAAAALLLY help!)

Well, I'm going to hit the hay. Oakley is being groomed in the morning and I've got to pick up and deliver lunches again...my beauty (ha!!) rest calls me. Here's a picture from Monday (27w5d..close enough to 28 weeks!) standing in one of our rice fields!

No comments:

Post a Comment