Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Third Trimester! 27 Weeks!

Um, am I ready for the last third of my pregnancy? I'm not sure! Some moments I need time to stop so I can prepare myself...other times I just want her OUT and in my arms! Just a few more weeks! I'll be full term in 10 weeks. That is I-N-S-A-N-E. I'm so excited, though. I can't wait to see her sweet little face. I can't wait to see whose toes and fingers she'll have. I hope she sleeps like Judd. ;)

We have our 3D/4D ultrasound next Friday (6/26) and I'm starting to get really excited about it. It's at 3pm in Tupelo so Judd will get half the day off work! That's just as exciting during this time of year! He and I have really been enjoying our time together...even if it's not very much. He went grocery shopping with me last night and as we were riding home, I said, "I know this sounds crazy, but I love going grocery shopping with you. We actually get to see and talk to each other without worrying about one of us falling asleep or cutting the TV on." Expecting a laugh or a shrug from Judd I just assumed the conversation was over and he said, "I was JUST thinking that while we were in there." I felt so special. I know how crazy that sounds...but when your husband leaves for work at 5:30am and comes home at 8:30pm exhausted, you relish any and all time together! Needless to say, I'm still adjusting to farming life. It's hard but Judd loves what he does and I love that he's happy.

So - 27 weeks! Let's see what Caroline is up to this week!

  • Caroline is now as big as a teddy bear! Remember that picture that said, "I'm as big as a gummi bear!" - That was 19 or 20 weeks ago...she's doubled her growth in the last 15 weeks. Cool!
  • Her eyelids, which have been fused closed since 11 weeks, are now able to open and close. Not too much to look at, but hey! It's a start!
  • She's a little over 2lbs and 14 1/2-15 inches long from head to foot. :)
  • She could now take a breath outside (with medical assistance) so her survival rate if born right now would be 85%!!!! Yay!! Those are great odds, and they go up significantly every week!
  • Her brain is now firing neurons like that of a newborn baby. She's so smart!

She'll continue to mature her lungs and other vital organs until full term. Until then, she'll be maturing and fattening up! It amazes me that in the next 10-13 weeks she'll gain 5-6 more pounds. I'm 2/3 of the way finished and she's only 2ish lbs!

I'm going to have Judd take my picture tonight because I got my hair cut and I want it in the picture. I'm very happy with it and SO glad that I finally forced myself to go! Have a great day, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment