Thursday, May 19, 2011

Smorgasbord of Thoughts

Do you need a definition of smorgasbord?  It’s actually a word for a giant buffet of different types of foods.  But we use that word to basically say “a lot of different ____.”  So in my case, a lot of different thoughts.  Good.  Now that we got that out of the way…

I’m super excited about Squiggle Stitch’s new line of boutique clothing!  If you haven’t gone already, go check it out!  Seriously, you’ll probably see my children dressed in these outfits all summer – because they truly are A-DORABLE.  No, I’m not making them.  I wish I could!  Embroidery is more of my thing – sewing is something I am very limited with.  Hopefully someday I’ll actually have time to sit down and try to sew something together. 

I’m also super excited about my new curtain.  I’m having a roman shade curtain made to go over the door in my living room that leads out to the playroom.  The playroom/sunroom/sewing room used to be a patio – so the door is one with the glass windows in it.  I love that it lets in so much light from the sunroom, but I don’t love that you can constantly see the MESS of toys when the rest of house looks “put together” and clean.  (“Clean” meaning:   you aren’t tripping over the piles of junk in the floor and the majority of the dirty dishes are put somewhere other than the counter…even if that place is just the sink.  My mother just died reading this knowing that people might actually see my house looking like a war zone.)  Anyway – look at this beautiful fabric! 

curtain

Home Decor Print Fabric-Smc Designs Havlat/Honey  (since I know you’re all wanting to go buy several yards for yourself…) 

I also got a little extra to make a couple of throw pillows.  It’s going to be right beside my red dresser with my gold/red/green mirror.  This fabric couldn’t be more perfect!  I’m really excited!  I got it at Joann’s and used a 40% coupon.  WHOOP WHOOP!

Yesterday I went to Kroger to transfer a prescription.  I got a flyer in the mail saying they would give me $75 if I transferred a prescription.  Um, YES PLEASE.  I’ve seen the $25 ones and I’ve always wanted to do it but we don’t get much medication.  I transferred Amelia’s medicine over there this time and I’m super pumped.  While I was waiting on them to fill the prescription, I walked around the store.  I’m usually not there during the day because I have to go grocery shopping at night when someone can stay with my children.  Effective, serious couponing is nearly impossible with small children.  I’m sure there are saints out there who manage it but I am not one of them.  Anyway, I was wandering around and just happened to catch the meat trolley pulling away from the Manager’s Specials section.  AWE-SOME.  I got 3 hugemongous pork loins that are usually $15-16 a piece for $5, $6, & $6.  I also 3 pot roasts, 2 steaks, and several other things.  I got several other things and checked out.  My total before coupons & prescription transfer money was $93.00.  My total after coupons & prescription transfer……..$17.62.  I got a TON of meat.  I came straight home and it’s now all in the freezer. We’re seriously stocked up on meat.  We have tons of ground beef, pork loin, pork chops, steaks, chicken, and roast in the freezer.  Catching the manager’s specials is awesome.  I plan on going back and getting a few freebies and small things later this week.

Something I’m NOT excited about is the fact that my sweet, gentle, adorable oldest child pulled my expensive Nikon camera off the bar by the strap that was hanging down.  The camera body is okay, but the lens is totally broken.  This is why most of my pictures will be blurry until we get a new one.  I have a 50mm lens for my Nikon but it isn’t AF-S.  You have to focus it in manual mode….which is difficult when your child won’t sit still for more than 2 seconds. 

Caroline got a haircut yesterday and I really wanted to take her picture and put it on here.  This is what she’s giving me….

Meatloaf 069

Sorry that’s slightly out of focus.  Please read the above paragraph again.  Smile  Anyway, her hair isn’t in her eyes – and that’s always a good thing.  Winking smile

Meatloaf 059

Just for good measure.  Smile

Another thing I’m excited about…

Meatloaf 039

Meet Sassy.  She’s our yellow lab.  She’s about 10 weeks old and she’s the sweetest thing ever.  I totally love her.  Yes, we’re totally insane.  We didn’t have enough going on in our lives with a business, 2 kids under 2 years old, and the busiest farming time of the year – so we bought a dog.  Regardless of how crazy we are, she’s cute and sweet and Caroline LOVES her.  In this picture she is bending down so that Sassy will lick her face. 

I also made Pioneer Woman’s Meatloaf, and BOY was it delicious!  I took pictures and stuff and I’ll put them up when I have time, which could be never.  Anyway – it was delish and Judd said it was a “manly” meal.  Whatever that means.  Smile 

Well, that’s all the news I’ve got and this post is crazy long already.  Thanks for making it through all of that.  Smile

No comments:

Post a Comment