Friday, May 27, 2011

Yummy Meatloaf Recipe!

As much as I’d love to take credit for this entire recipe, I cannot.  I used The Pioneer Woman’s recipe but just tweaked a couple things.  Smile

 

What you’ll need for the Meatloaf:

  1. 6 slices of bread
  2. 1 cup milk
  3. 2ish lbs of ground beef
  4. 1 cup Parmesan Cheese
  5. 1/4 tsp Season Salt
  6. 3/4 tsp Salt
  7. Black Pepper
  8. 1/3 cup minced Parsley
  9. 4 eggs
  10. Bacon

 

Meatloaf 001

She called for white bread, but wheat was all we had, so I went with it!  You can also use plain crackers if you’d rather.  Pour 1 cup of milk over the 6 slices of bread in a bowl.  Yuck.  Mushy bread.  I know.  Leave it to get soggy.  Double yuck.

Meatloaf 003

Get your ingredients together to mix with the ground beef.

Meatloaf 005

Take four eggs and beat them.

Meatloaf 006

Mix the dry ingredients (Parmesan, salts, pepper, parsley, etc.)  Even though your bread is soggy mush at this point, mix it in, too.  Break it into small cubes and mix with your beef.

Meatloaf 009

Pour the eggs over the mixture.  Dig your hands in and mix it all up.  Really get your hands mushy.

Meatloaf 011

Place the beef mixture into a pan and form into a loaf.  Obviously.

*Ahem*  PW calls for a broiler pan, which I do not own.  We like to soak our food in fat and grease because it makes it taste better and we want to die from heart attacks – but if you’d like the fat to drain off, use a broiler pan lined with aluminum foil.  Carry on. 

Meatloaf 012

Now take a yummy package of bacon….

Meatloaf 013

And place it in strips over your meatloaf.  Tuck the edges in on the sides.

 

Now for the sauce.  You will need:

  1. 1 1/2 cups Ketchup
  2. 1/3 cup brown sugar
  3. 1 tsp dry mustard
  4. Tabasco to taste.

Meatloaf 014

Mix all of this together. 

Meatloaf 016

Pour 2/3 of the mixture on top of your meatloaf.  Put it in the oven at 350 degrees for 45 min.  Then, pour the rest of the sauce over the meatloaf and cook another 15min. 

Meatloaf 018

Deliciousness. 

I will say – WHEN I make this recipe again, I’m going to try it with a tomato sauce instead of the sauce she suggested.  It definitely had more of a ketchup flavor than I would have liked.  Overall, it was really good!!  My favorite part?  It had ingredients in it that I already had in my house.  I don’t like recipes that call for 500 ingredients I’ve never heard of!  Smile

1 comment:

  1. That looks go good, I am going to try that next grocery trip!

    ReplyDelete