Thursday, May 5, 2011

This & That

So it’s been over two weeks since I did a blog post.  We have a lot going on here in Mississippi.  We’re watching history happen!  I don’t know if you heard about it (if not, you live under a rock!) but the MS river is rising to record levels.  Judd and I live miles from the river and several small rivers that run into the Mississippi.  We’re blessed to not have any water damage so far.  Where we are has a HUGE levee made to hold the water up to 74ft.  Thankfully, the water is supposed to crest on May 17th at 65(?)ft.  So our only problem is water backing up into other small rivers and lakes around us and causing flooding OR the levee not being able to withstand the water pressure lasting for so long and breaking.  Did that all make sense?  As of right now, Judd and I are fine and we’ve made plans in case something does happen. 

Also, Mississippi (along with several other states) got blasted with tornados last week.  Judd called me in a total panic last Wednesday morning telling me to get out of bed and get the girls because clouds were making funnels (or “tails” as we call them around here) all around our house.  They were literally hovering over my house and I was sound asleep with no idea.  Luckily, none of them touched down and they moved away from here.  Sadly, those same storm clouds went on to cause major destruction and damage in other parts of MS & AL.  Many people are left homeless with nothing but the clothes they have on.  I can’t imagine losing things like my pictures, my home movies, and the things that hold sentimental value to me.  Those things are replaceable.  My heart goes out to anyone who has been affected by the storms and the MS River flooding.  It’s such a sad thing when natural disasters tear people’s homes and lives apart. 

I said all of that to say that we’re doing fine…and we feel incredibly blessed to be able to say that!  We’re going to continue watching the levees and if one were to break, we would have some time to throw certain things in the car and get out before it was too late. 

We had a WONDERFUL Easter at home with my family and we got some wonderful pictures of Caroline hunting eggs, hanging out with the famliy, and Easter Sunday family pictures! 

Easter Weekend 138Easter Weekend 168Easter Weekend 152Easter Weekend 171Easter Weekend 208Easter Weekend 222Easter Weekend 272Easter Weekend 274Easter Weekend 290Easter Weekend 302Easter Weekend 304Easter Weekend 317Easter Weekend 328Easter Weekend 346Easter Weekend 348Easter Weekend 351Easter Weekend 363Easter Weekend 373Easter Weekend 395Easter Weekend 405Easter Weekend 420Easter Weekend 440Easter Weekend 474Easter Weekend 485Easter Weekend 515

Picture overload, I know.  I’m terrible at picking just one picture because I tend to think they’re all wonderful.  Smile

I also did a gift set at Squiggle Stitch the other day and I was excited to show it off! 

Easter Weekend 016

This was the Bib, Burp Cloth, and Onesie baby gift set.  Smile  I was proud of it!

I have several orders to do and send out!  I’ve been SO busy! 

I took my big grocery trip today and I’ve switched my coupons into a binder.  My mini organizer just wasn’t cutting it anymore.  I was standing in the store flipping through my coupons for entirely too long trying to find one that, come to find out, was stuck to another one.  It was so time consuming so I decided to try the binder method.  I actually went and bought myself…wait for it…a TRAPPER KEEPER.  Remember those?  It is working great!  I can see exactly what I’m looking for without flipping for 10min. everytime I need to find a coupon.  Speaking of…check out part of my deal today…

score

Total cost for everything shown – $1.20.  Oh yes, baby.  I’ve had some people ask about why you would buy so much soap.  Come on folks, soap doesn’t go bad and you’re not going to quit bathing (I hope) so buy it while it’s cheap.  I don’t “stock up” on everything, but household items like cleaners, laundry detergent, fabric softener, dishwashing stuff, toothbrushes, toothpastes, deodorant, and soaps are really great things to stock up on.  Not to mention, there are a lot of people in MS & AL (and other states) that could really use these items right now so I’m trying to come up with a way to send them toiletry items. 

If you’re interested in starting to coupon, please check out my “Couponing” page in my navigation bar under my header or just click here to open it in a new window.  It’s still under construction because I’m doing it as I have time – but my two major stores are finished, although I may go back and tweak the Kroger part a little bit to organize the information a little better.  Smile  Either way, GO to it!  I list several helpful sites in there and have even more under the “Helpful Couponing Sites” on the left hand side of my blog.  If you’re viewing this from facebook, click “View Original Post” at the bottom of this note and it will take you to my blog.  Smile

Last quick thing, if you like to laugh (and who doesn’t?!) you have to check out my awesome sister-in-law’s blog.  It’s called “Not That Y’all Care” if that tells you anything about her.  She’s absolutely hilarious.  I’ve been begging her to start one for nearly 3 years and she finally bit the bullet and did it.  You’ll love it, I promise.  Smile  Be sure to tell her I sent you! 

Anyway, this has been a super long post and it’s late so I’m headed off to bed!  Goodnight!  Have a wonderful week and if you think about it, send a prayer our way that God would protect us and keep us safe during all the flooding and be with the families of those who are already leaving their homes from the devastation last week and currently. 

No comments:

Post a Comment