Wednesday, June 13, 2012

30 Weeks!

How far along: 30 weeks!

How big is baby:  The size of a cucumber, bag of oranges, sock full of nickels, whatever.  Ha.  At the u/s this morning, they measured him to be 3lbs 9oz.  Smile  (Those things can be off though!)

Weight gain/loss: Are you ready for this?  (P.S.  I can’t believe I’m posting this for the whole world…) +25lbs.  Yes, I gained nearly 6lbs in 2 weeks.  HOLY COW (cow being the keyword, here..)  I think it’s time to put the fork down and back away slowly quickly from the cookie cake.

Stretch marks: Same as before. 

Maternity clothes:  Yes.  My large t-shirts are feeling snug in the belly.  Anyone want to donate some XL’s? 

Sleep: Not good.  Not good at all.  I actually thought to myself last night…”Even though sleep with a newborn is almost non-existent, at least you aren’t in PAIN anymore.”  So I’m pretty sure I’ve reached that point where the pain isn’t worth the broken sleep that I do get.  I am tired.

Food cravings or aversions: Even after my incredible weight gain in 2 weeks – I’m sitting here thinking about how great a Krispy Kreme donut would be.  It’s really sad that I have no willpower. 

Gender: BOY!  We got another look today – definitely a boy.  And not a shy one, either!

Movement:  Crazy movement.  It’s not really rolls and stuff anymore.  Just kicks and jabs.  It' seems like he’s trying to break out through my bellybutton. 

Belly button: Flat.  Caroline seems to think that my bellybutton is where the baby will come out of.  I can’t decide if that would be better or worse…ha!

What I'm loving: The ultrasound today!  I got to see his cute little face!  He has chubby cheeks – just like Amelia!  He has a little bit of hair, and fat chubby fingers that he likes up by his face.  Seriously, I fell in love.  He measured about 3lbs 9oz and a few weeks ahead of schedule…although that could even out in the next few weeks.  Smile  Not to give you more details than you want, but since I’ve had so many contractions lately, I got checked.  I was so relieved to find out that they apparently aren’t doing anything and everything is looking perfect. 

What I miss: Honestly?  Just being comfortable.  I miss being comfortable. 

What's different this time:  Well, I’m almost to same FINAL weight that I had with Caroline at almost 38 weeks…so…the weight gain is different.  Part of me wonders if it’s the gender difference, but another part of me thinks I’ve probably just eaten too many sweets.  Ha. 

I’m also just INCREDIBLY uncomfortable.  Walking, sitting, even laying in the bed can be painful.  I feel now the way I did at the end with the girls.  It’s so different than last time. 

Overall, I’m teetering between being ready for this all to be over with and needing more time to finish all the stuff I have to do.  We still need to paint Walker’s room, get his clothes washed and his closet organized, shampoo the carpet in the playroom, and a few odds & ends things.  But compared to my list a few weeks ago, we’re looking much better!  I’ve actually been updating it as I complete things. 

preg

37w pregnant with Caroline (above!)

DSC_0236

30w pregnant with Walker!

I think for 7 weeks difference, I don’t look too far off from where I was with Caroline with I delivered.  I feel about the same, too.  Ha!

Judd and I may be going on a short weekend trip this weekend to just relax.  I figure it’ll be the last super relaxing weekend we’ll have for a long time.  Crossing my fingers for all the stars to align so we can go!  Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment