Thursday, June 28, 2012

32 Weeks!

This has been a really productive week!  Last week I didn’t get much of anything done because of VBS and sheer exhaustion.  But I’ve made great strides this week!  Check out my To Do List that I posted a few weeks ago!  So much has been completed!  We are having Caroline’s birthday party this weekend.  So by Saturday that will be marked off as well!  Yay! 

How far along: 32 weeks!

How big is baby:  The size of a squash!!

Weight gain/loss: Thank heavens.  I only gained 2lbs in the last two weeks…which is shocking given the amount of donuts I ate on our mini-vacation.  So total I’m +27lbs. 

Stretch marks: All of a sudden, new ones are popping up everywhere and all the old ones are becoming more visible.  Battle scars of pregnancy! 

Maternity clothes:  Yes.  Even my biggest ones don’t fit well…especially in the pants.  You want to know where the majority of those 27lbs have gone?  My THIGHS AND BUTT….which makes it difficult to pull pants on, if you catch my drift.

Sleep: Has been better this week.  I’m thankful.  I’ve been forcing myself not to take a nap when the girls nap, and it makes my nighttime sleep much better.

Food cravings or aversions: Actually, I’m really not that hungry anymore.  I eat, but I don’t stuff myself. 

Gender: BOY! 

Movement:  Yes.  I love his movements…I know I’ll miss that part when I’m not pregnant anymore.

Belly button: Flat.  Extremely flat.

What I'm loving: Getting stuff accomplished!  I’ve gotten so much done this week.  I cleaned all my breastpump stuff and replaced the membranes on it, got Walker’s coming home outfit, washed and folded/hung all of his clothes, got his bedding (pictures coming soon!), mostly packed my hospital bag, made 1 of the “big sis” shirts, made Caroline’s 3 year video, and I can’t remember anything else.  That’s all been done THIS WEEK!  Yay!  By the end of the weekend you can also add to that list:  painted nursery, Caroline’s party!

What I miss: My pelvis not hurting.  It is so painful! 

What's different this time:  I’m getting a lot of “You won’t make it to August…” type comments just based on my size from random people that I don’t know.  I didn’t get those with the girls.  I know I look bigger this time but I didn’t realize I looked that much bigger.  Cashiers especially love to tell me how huge I look.  Ha! 

Another difference this time has been swelling.  I didn’t swell much with Caroline (a few times my feet swelled) and with Amelia I didn’t swell at all.  This time, my LEGS are swelling.  Not my feet but my legs!  It’s kind of painful!  I think it mostly likely has to do with the fact that it’s 100 degrees outside.  Ugh!

DSC_0245

This was taken at midnight last night and I had been up since about 5am….excuse the way I look.

I had my 32w doctor’s appointment yesterday.  I was honestly VERY shocked that I’m still long and closed.  No progress so far!  (I’m happily shocked!) It’s crazy that I can have so many (sometimes painful) contractions and it not “do” anything.  In other news, when he measured my uterus, he was literally up in my ribs.  There is honestly no more room for my uterus to move UP – only out!

No comments:

Post a Comment