Wednesday, July 4, 2012

33 Weeks & Shower

I’m 33 weeks today!  Exciting!  No matter if I deliver in 2 weeks or 7, it’s getting close!  I’m not gonna lie, I’m feeling about done with being pregnant right now.  The heat is just about more than I can take.  I walk outside for 10 minutes and my legs are swollen and hurting.  I pray and pray that he’s healthy, no matter when he comes! 

How far along: 33 weeks!

How big is baby:  The size of a pineapple!!

Weight gain/loss: I haven’t weighed since last week.  Our scale batteries died (I know that sounds totally lame, but it really is true!) and I haven’t weighed since we replaced them! 

Stretch marks: Same as last week!

Maternity clothes:  That’s a laughable question.  I think it’s safe to say maternity clothes are my only option.

Sleep: Not great.  My hips and pelvis hurt and make it difficult to get comfortable.  I’ve also slept with one or both of my children multiple times in the last few days, and that definitely doesn’t help.  Amelia has a fever virus and a nasty cough so sleep is alluding her, too. 

Food cravings or aversions: Just my usual.  Food, please.

Gender: BOY! 

Movement:  Yes.  I love his movements…I know I’ll miss that part when I’m not pregnant anymore.

Belly button: Flat.  Extremely flat.

What I'm loving: Getting close to the finish line.  I keep thinking about how I had Amelia 2 weeks from now – which is crazy!  I really hope he bakes a little longer than her for his own sake, but just thinking about that makes me excited!

What I miss: Not feeling fat.  I’m definitely feeling somewhat large these days…especially in my face.  

What's different this time:  Well, unlike with Amelia, I’m actually feeling pretty ready.  My goal was to have most things ready by 35 weeks.  Besides the actual nursery (which is far from ready) I’m ready.  With Amelia I thought I still had a couple of weeks! 

We didn’t get the nursery painted this past weekend.  Only one wall.  Ha!  So Amelia’s furniture (she’s still in that room) is all in the middle of the room and it’s a MESS.  We’ve got to find the time to finish the rest of it so I can attempt to put his room together.  After that, I’ll be totally ready at any point. 

I went home to my parent’s house this weekend and we had Caroline’s birthday party.  I stupidly left my camera at Deda’s house on Sunday so until I get it back (hopefully on Friday!) I can’t post any pictures of that! 

However, on Sunday, my sweet family gave us a baby shower for Walker.  We got so many homemade and thoughtful gifts.  Three handmade blankets, handmade baby booties, painted canvas, clothes galore, adorable little shoes, hats, sleepers, and much more.  I thought it was so thoughtful for them to do that for us, especially considering this is our 3rd baby!  I can’t thank you all enough for your kindness!

Audra took these pictures for me at the shower…

shower

This will have to count for my belly picture this week.  It was taken Sunday!

shower2

Judd was even there! Ha!

shower3

The sweet blanket & booties that Deda made.  Such a keepsake!

shower4

AUDRA even took up quilting to make this sweet raggy strip quilt!  She did a fantastic job!

shower6

Ms. Shirley made this beautiful blanket.  It is so soft and cuddly!

shower5

Ms. Debbie made this sweet outfit and even monogrammed it! 

shower7

Audra also made this canvas for Walker’s door at the hospital.  It will then go into his room!  It has a spot for the date, time, length, and weight at the bottom and his name at the top.  You can’t see it well in the picture because of the flash but it’s SO cute!

I hope you all have a happy and safe 4th of July!  Don’t forget why we celebrate!

1 comment:

  1. Hey
    33 Weeks & Shower
    This is a kind of just an exceedingly nicely structured posting. A lot of gratitude is forwarded to the writer!

    ReplyDelete