Saturday, December 6, 2008

A Christmas Survey

Well I stole this from Audra and decided to do it tonight. I worry our answers will be quite similar because we share Christmas traditions but read if you wish! :)

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I usually don't use bags unless I buy a last minute gift that I don't have time to wrap. I'm a wrapping paper with huge big bows kinda girl. :) Plus, who doesn't love ripping open that paper?

2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial for sure. Real ones could have bugs living in them that come into your house! That's enough reason RIGHT THERE for me. No thank you. Plus, I put my tree up early and you can't do that with a real one.


3. When do you put up the tree? Usually the day after Thanksgiving. This year was a different story. I put it up when I had time...which was the 2nd weekend in November. I don't care what you say - I was not going to have time to do it otherwise. :) We at least waited to put up the outside decorations until after Thanksgiving. Haha!

4. When do you take the tree down? I guess after New Years. I like to leave it up for New Years because the lights look so pretty...it's hard to take down! We used to wake up on December 26th and Mom would have the entire thing already packed up and put up in the attic so her house could "go back to normal." Ha! Love you, Mom!

5. Do you like eggnog? Nope, never have. Seems like thick milk. Gross. Ugh. I just made myself shiver!

6. Favorite gift received as a child? I'm gonna have to agree with my sister on this one. Scooter was the best Christmas gift. Being the animal lover that I am - that really stands out in my mind! He stayed in our family for 15 years. He was such a sweet dog. He and Oakley would've had so much fun together! RIP Scooter!

7. Hardest person to buy for? Before getting married, I would've said My dad. But now that I'm married and buy gifts for both sides of the family - I have to say it's my father-in-law. The man has everything he could possibly want and more...it's SO hard to buy for him. What do you get someone who has everything? :) I think he'll like what I got this year though.

8. Easiest person to buy for? Hm...my sister. We have the same taste in most things. Judd is easy to buy for too though because I know exactly what he needs/wants. He loves practical gifts too so that's always nice. :)

9. Do you have a nativity scene? No, but Mom had a teeny one that I will never forget. :) It was one of my favorite things to put out at Christmas. It was just a Mary, Joseph, manger, and baby Jesus...but I loved it. I would arrange them all just perfectly on the coffee table.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Snail mail for sure. I LOVE getting mail and I think most people still enjoy getting regular mail these days. It's so much more sincere.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Hm. I actually can't think of anything like that. I'm sure I've gotten a teddy bear when I was well over 18 or something but I really can't remember.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? That's tough. I love Christmas movies. I love "It's a Wonderful Life" and "The Santa Clause" and "A Christmas Story." It's a 3-way tie.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I might buy one or two gifts before Thanksgiving - but the real shopping starts the day after! :)

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I don't *think* so. Usually if I don't like something, I won't give it to anyone else unless I genuinely think they'll like it.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Cookies. I make lots of cookies around Christmas.

16. Lights on the tree? Do people not put lights on their Christmas trees? I thought this was a given! I'm a white light only fan though.

17. Favorite Christmas song? I love all Christmas songs. I can't really say that I have a favorite. But one that really puts me in the Christmas mood is "Santa Looked A Lot Like Daddy" because we had it on a mixed Christmas tape that we listened to a lot growing up. Also, the Alvin & the Chipmunks Christmas tape! I love anything that brings back memories!

18.Travel at Christmas or stay home? Wherever my family is. Doesn't make a difference to me!

19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? I actually erased Audra's answers without looking. But I am definitely going to have to sing the song to name them! *getting in key* (Ahem...you know...) Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, & Vixen...Comet, Cupid, Donner, & Blitzen. (but do you recalllllllll....) :) Just kidding. Then of course Rudolph.

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Shame on me. We have neither. Our star was too heavy and completely laid down. The only angel I've found that I liked was $55.00 at Macy's. Um, no thank you. :)

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Depends on which presents! The presents on Christmas Eve are from Mom & Dad, Audra & Andrew, Judd, & Mamaw. Christmas Day is Santa and the rest of the family! :) I just love it all!

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? The people in stores who are willing to kill people for a present. Seriously guys, it's not worth taking someone's life to get to that Xbox at Wal*Mart first. Stories like that really tick me off.

23. Favorite ornament theme or color? Most of my ornaments are mixed from childhood and then some we got at our Christmas shower last year...but I've been decorating the house with Green, Red, and Silver this year.

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Well, We don't really have Christmas dinner as we go at lunchtime...but Christmas Eve we have fried fish, hush puppies, and french fries. Yes, we clog our arteries to the max. That was Papaw's idea years ago and it stuck. Every year, Mom & Dad freeze enough fish that we will have enough for Christmas Eve.

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? I would honestly...love a new dining room table. Although I do not think it's going to happen! I can't wait to see my family though. This is my favorite time of year to spend with them. I wish Papaw were still here to spend it with us though. I miss him so much this time of year. It's when he used to dance with me in the living room! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment