Thursday, February 23, 2012

14 Weeks! Second Trimester!

Second Trimester!!!  YAAAAAY!  Here's an ultrasound photo from when I was almost 13 weeks...

(Head is to the left and if you look closely, you can see baby's BRAIN!  S/he is also sucking that sweet thumb and has its legs tucked up.)  Sidenote:  The last 2 ultrasounds, baby has been sucking its thumb!  How cute!

How far along: 14 weeks!

How big is baby:  The size of a large lemon!  How cute!

Weight gain/loss: 0lbs.

Stretch marks: Except for previous ones, nothing yet - but deep down I know they're coming!  They always show up right at the last minute when I think I've beaten them...

Maternity clothes: Yes!  I had to wear a regular pair of jeans the other day and nearly died from being so uncomfortable. The maternity shirts make me look less fat and more pregnant whereas regular shirts do the exact opposite.  Rest assured I'm wearing maternity shirts.

Sleep: Good!  Especially since I already know how "not good" it is at the end of pregnancy! ;)

Food cravings or aversions: No real aversions that I can think of.  Chili doesn't make me want to puke anymore and that was really it.  I crave different stuff all the time, but I've definitely noticed an increase in my love for sweets.  Desserts of all kind!  However, that could also be because of my recent love addiction to Pinterest....

Gender: Not sure yet, but everyone is calling boy.  They have a 50/50 shot of being right!  I'm starting to feel BOY myself.  It may just be wishful thinking though because we can't come up with even ONE girl name that we both like and agree on.  On a positive note, we have come up with about a million boy names that we like, we just have to narrow it down. 

Movement: YES!  I was in bed the other night and baby was moving all over the place.  It felt like s/he was pushing its (I hate calling my baby an 'it' because I don't know the gender yet...) body against me.  It wasn't super strong and Judd couldn't have felt it or anything but I did!  I love it!

Belly button: Positively innie.  But the more food I eat, the flatter it gets.  Awful!

What I'm loving: Second trimester!  Hoping I get a lot of energy back this trimester.  I've totally been lacking in the energy department.  Also, I really like pregnancy during the 2nd trimester.  I feel pregnant but not so pregnant that I feel like a total whale, and I'm usually not uncomfortable yet.  I really have decided that I enjoy pregnancy.  The first time around, I hated not knowing what to expect - but I enjoyed it a lot the 2nd time around and I think I'll start to enjoy it more with this one now that I'm feeling better.  :)

What I miss:  Having more than 2 pair of jeans that fit. 

What's different this time: I'm still fighting for energy! With both my other two I was feeling much better and pretty normal by now.  But I'm optimistic that it's coming!

So we forgot to take the picture yesterday...oops.  If you've been following my blog long you'll remember I frequently had trouble remembering to take pictures with Caroline, too.  Maybe I'll take one tonight and post it separately! 




No comments:

Post a Comment