Wednesday, May 16, 2012

26 Weeks

How far along: 26 weeks!

How big is baby:  The size of a head of lettuce!   

Weight gain/loss: Haven’t weighed in several days.  I have no desire to.  Even my curiosity can’t make me do it after that trip to Texas de Brazil.  I ate SO. MUCH. FOOD.

Stretch marks: Same as before.

Maternity clothes: Without a doubt. 

Sleep: Not bad, but not great.  My pelvis is KILLING me lately.  It makes simple things like rolling over, getting in/out of bed incredibly painful.  

Food cravings or aversions: Lots of cookies.  Lots and lots of cookies.  *sigh* 

Gender: BOY!

Movement:  This kid is a mover!  He moves all the time.  I don’t think he ever really sleeps.  Either that or he just jabs and kicks in his sleep – which would make sense…that’s exactly how his oldest sister sleeps.  I felt my first rib kick the other day.  I also felt hiccups for the first time yesterday!  

Belly button: Flat. Gross.

What I'm loving:  Feeling a foot slide across my belly is a really cool feeling.  It’s so strange to think that’s actually my baby in there!

What I miss: Walking without pain and bending over normally. 

What's different this time:  My pelvic pain.  It was painful with Caroline and even more painful with Amelia.  But it is out-of-this-world painful with Walker.  I found one of the most painful things to do is to walk up an incline.  I’ve always read about being careful when walking up stairs when you have this pain, but no one ever mentioned a steep incline.  When we went to Texas de Brazil, we walked through the Peabody Hotel and went up a super long inclined hallway.  I honestly considered having someone go get me a wheelchair.  Instead, I just took really, really small steps and held up the entire group because I was so slow.  Rolling over in bed, putting pants on while standing up, walking for very long at all, and lifting anything remotely heavy is awful.  I keep wanting to say excruciating, but I guess it really isn’t excruciating…but it’s not just ‘painful’ either. 

I finally got on the ball this week with preparing.  I made a list of things to take to the hospital, ordered Caroline’s twin size bedding for her AWESOME bunk beds, ordered Walker’s bedding, and Judd & Uncle Austin put Caroline’s bed together! 

*Shoutout to Uncle Austin for being super cool.*

It really is a cool bed.  It makes me want to be little again so I can play in it.  When I get her room situated, I’ll post a pic and do the reveal of the bed and everything else.  She and Amelia will be sharing a room soon – anxiety.  Ha!  I really enjoy Amelia being confined in a crib and she has never once tried to climb out, so I’m considering keeping her in a crib for a while longer.  If I do, I’ll borrow my mom’s crib from her house and put it in Caroline’s room.  That way I can still set up Walker’s room. 

Well, I’m going to attempt to maybe go soak in the bathtub and see if it makes my pelvis feel a little better. 

No picture tonight – so sorry.  I really will take one tomorrow, even if it’s just in my bathroom mirror.  Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment