Wednesday, May 23, 2012

27 Weeks!

How far along: 27 weeks! 
This is from the site that I read every week:  “(At least according to the books I’ve chosen to listen to — some mark the beginning of the third trimester as week 27, while some make you wait until week 28. Look, we’re all big and lumpy and ridiculously cranky, let’s get this final trimester STARTED.)” 
I’m with her. 

Winking smile
How big is baby:  The size of a rutabaga…?  He’s approximately 2lbs and 15in long…
Weight gain/loss: Whew.  +18lbs.  I gained 19lbs total with Amelia.  HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. 
Stretch marks: Same as before.
Maternity clothes:  Couldn’t fit in my regular clothing if someone held a gun to my head.
Sleep: Has been horrible.  I finally figured out that part of the problem was that I wasn’t getting much support under my belly, regardless of the pillow.  We took the 4in thick memory foam mattress topper off the bed last night, and I slept SO. MUCH. BETTER.  Thank goodness.
Food cravings or aversions: Craving cookies.  Lenny’s Sandwich Shop cookies, to be exact.  Or a Target cookie.  But since we (sadly) have no Target, those are out of the question.
Gender: BOY!
Movement:  He has officially woken my child up from kicking/punching her while she slept in my arms.  Amelia was asleep on my chest and tummy today and apparently he did not appreciate the sister taking up his space.  So he kicked and jabbed and punched until she finally woke up.  Already!
Belly button: Flat. Stretched. 
What I'm loving:  Um, still getting a decent night’s rest?  Ha.  Knowing what lies ahead makes me appreciate even somewhat horrible sleep.
What I miss: Breathing easily.  Walking without a waddle.  My bladder holding more than an ounce.   
What's different this time:  I don’t remember last time.  Ha!  I think I’m bigger, but the general hugeness seems to be leveling out with the other 2 pregnancies now.  I’ve heard that you get bigger faster, but in the end you don’t really end up any bigger than before.  Not sure if that’s true or not.  We shall see! 
I’m exhausted.  All the time.  I’m so, so, so, so, so tired.  Did I mention that I’m tired?
I’m also getting kind of anxious.  I don’t know why.  I think I’m just nervous about him coming early unexpectedly so it’s making me anxious about the entire labor & delivery thing.  Not scared or nervous, but just anxious.  I think about it a lot all of a sudden.  I reply Caroline & Amelia’s births in my head several times a day.  Hope this one is more like Caroline’s birth…HA!  Hers was a piece of cake!
I totally flaked and forgot to take a picture tonight.  I’m actually about to go get in the bed – so maybe tomorrow?  We’ll see.  Just imagine me looking rather large.  That’s pretty much it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment