Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Nursery Progress (or lack thereof)

Well, there’s really no progress to speak of except my ideas.  Winking smile
I’m in love with this picture.
love2
I absolutely adore the bold, bright colors.  As I scoured Etsy for the thousandth time, I found several people who make handmade crib bedding using these exact fabrics!  I’m not sure what color I would paint the walls in Walker’s room since it only has 2 very small windows.  I’m afraid a grey this dark would make the room really dark and I’m going for bright!  But maybe a lighter shade of grey?  Obviously, Judd would shoot me before he’d allow me to paint the ceiling, so I’m going to have to settle for the cute bedding and bright accessories.  Anyway, I’m considering copying this nursery since I’m too uncreative to come up with my own unique idea.  My sister really got all of the artsy fartsy genes in our family.  I try, but I’m usually just copying something I found on Pinterest or somewhere else on the world wide web.  Smile
I will attempt to make the window panels myself since you can actually do that with stitch witchery and I wouldn’t ever even have to thread my sewing machine…which is great since I probably wouldn’t be able to find it under all the junk on my desk. 
We have carpet in his room so I’m unsure about the rug.  How do y’all feel about rugs over carpet?  I used to feel like people would think I was hiding a big stain or something under the rug but I’m starting to come around to it under the right circumstances. 
Okay, so what do you think?  I asked a few questions in this post but I’m too lazy and it’s too late (it’s midnight!) to go back and find them all so go read over this post again and make note of the questions/suggestions.  I’ll post my 25 week post later!  My gestational diabetes test is at 9:30am (in just a few hours!) so I should be feeling nice and sickly all day.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment