Wednesday, March 25, 2009

15 weeks!


(Yeah, I know that's a strange analogy, but you get the idea!)

How on earth has another week gone by?! It's amazing! Baby and I are up to a lot this week.

15 weeks



  • Baby is moving up a storm...but I haven't felt it yet. Although everyone says if I feel bubbles...then I'm probably feeling the baby!



  • Baby no longer looks like Igor. :) His head is resting on his well formed neck instead of his shoulders!


  • He grows eyelashes and eyebrows this week! Fun!


  • The hair on his head is beginning to grow! (Unless s/he looks like me...I was bald for several years..lol) Yay!


  • Even though his eyes are sealed shut, he can now sense light!


  • His eyes and ears are looking more "human" now.


  • He's about 4 inches and weighs about 2 ounces...on average. :)


  • I MAY be able to feel hiccups soon! How exciting!


As for me, I'm gonna say that I've had better days but I know that pregnancy is a means to an end. The end result will be WELL WORTH the price I'm paying now. Sciatica has made it's home in my lower back and occasionally my left leg. I nearly scared Audra to death this past weekend in Kohl's as I almost fell straight to the floor. That was my first time to experience the sciatic pain...and to call it excrutiating seems to undermine it. It's basically like a lightening bolt sharp pain that lasts 1-2 seconds and is gone. So I guess if there's a positive side, at least it doesn't last 1-2 minutes or 1-2 hours! But even 1-2 second pain is PAINFUL when it feels like a knife in your back.



In other fabulous Kacie news, I went to the doctor today just KNOWING that I had a bladder infection. In the past week I've had what felt like symptoms of a UTI. I would have moments where I REALLY felt like I had to pee, but nothing came out...nothing. And until I drank enough to make my bladder FULL (which meant feeling like my bladder was going to explode but not peeing) the feeling didn't go away. I was positive it was a bladder infection. Nope. Just my uterus (and possibly the baby in certain positions) pushing on my bladder making it feel like it was exploding. Ah well, at least I don't have to take antibiotics. See? I'm trying to find the positive sides of things.



I PROMISE I will add a picture as soon as Judd gets home to take it! There are times when I feel like I actually LOOK pregnant...and times when I feel like I have a gut. lol. It's very possible that in the next 4 weeks I might actually get a really round belly though! I'm excited!

UPDATED: Embarassing picture of me. Excuse any back fat.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry you're having sciatica pain. My sacro illiac joint was inflamed, and I know that is no fun. I hope your pain stops!

    Get used to the not being able to pee thing. It only gets worse. lol.

    Lori @ http://www.thetowells.com

    ReplyDelete