Friday, March 6, 2009

We're not moving.

Judd and I have talked HOURS on this subject and have finally decided that we're just going to stay where we are right now. Although our house is small, we really don't want to renovate another house at this point. In all actuality, we hope to start building our "forever home" in January. There just isn't a point in us renovating the other house from ceiling to floor to stay in it less than a year.

So, the guest bedroom will now be a nursery. :) I'm going to decorate it fairly simple since it's questionable how long we'll be here. Unfortunately, there won't be a guest bed. :( I'm quite torn about this since my family is 2 hours away, but I know that Mrs. Candy has PLENTY of beds for people to sleep in - so I'm not going to worry about it. I know that my family will understand our reasons for staying where we are.

I'm planning on doing some painting in the nursery (I have plenty of time on my hands these days!) and I've got some "inspiration" for what I plan on doing. I don't want to do anything too elaborate if we'll be moving but I don't want plain walls either. I decided I don't want to do a chair rail in this house because our trim is wood colored and I don't want a wood colored chair rail. I'm picky. :) So here are some of my ideas... (And any girl rooms could easily be boy rooms and visa versa.)




The one above is my favorite, I think...but it might be more work than I want to do. If it's a boy, I could turn the pink into blue!

Did you catch my trend of the horizontal stripes? :) I've had a lot of experience taping off since my room in high school was vertical stripes all the way around the room.

If I have a girl, I want to do a tree decal on the wall. Don't worry, it's not paint!


This is some of my favorite bedding. I won't be purchasing a bumper. I want the breathable one. :)

Boy version.

Girl version.



Judd's a fan of the deer.
Sorry these are so small...the site wouldn't let me save it big. This is a boy also.
Another boy one. I just wonder how cute this one would be without the polka dot bumper.
There's a lot going on in this one. I would only get the quilt, sheet, and crib skirt.
So there's some of my favorites. :) Feel free to give me your opinions!

1 comment:

  1. Obviously I like horizontal stripes too! =) You've seen my nursery, right? We have wood trim, and I didn't want wood colored chair rail either. I love all your ideas and can't wait to see progress!

    ReplyDelete